ABDOMINAL PAIN OR INDIGESTION
Abdominal pain is commonly referred to as a stomach ache.
Stomach aches can be due to indigestion, trapped wind, overeating, smoking, a viral or bacterial infection.
If the stomach ache is sudden and severe in a particular area of your belly, it could be due to more serious causes like appendicitis, ulcers, gallstones or kidney stones.
HOW TO TREAT AT HOME
- Sip water
- Avoid solid food for a few hours
- Avoid milk and other dairy products
SEE YOUR GP IF YOU HAVE:
- vomiting that persists for a few hours
- severe pain
GO TO THE A&E IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING:
- sudden and severe pain
- sweating and breathlessness
- vomiting that does not subside
- blood in your vomit
- bloody or black stools